What is Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing is a complete in-depth antenatal training programme designed to release fear and build confidence for a positive birthing experience.
Hypnobirthing shifts the very unhelpful and ever popular notion that childbirth is scary & painful; & us the skills to use our bodies in the way that they were designed to give birth.
Hypnobirthing reminds us that our bodies are designed to carry and birth babies. All we need to learn is to trust in them and release any fear that has unfortunately become synonymous with childbirth.
Hypnobirthing doesn’t promise a ‘perfect birth’. However by informing women and their birth partners to make the best decisions for themselves and their babies, Hypnobirthing mothers often have fewer interventions, fewer drugs and a more positive experience.
Hypnobirthing reminds us how empowering and downright awesome giving birth can be. By understanding the science involved in childbirth you’ll come to see that there is nothing hippy about Hypnobirthing.
What are the benefits of Hypnobirthing?
- With HypnoBirthing you are likely to experience a natural, calm, comfortable birth.
- You may find you don’t need any pain relief.
- It often shortens the length of labour.
- You will be more alert and in control.
- Hypnobirthing lessens the physical impact of childbirth.
- Your birth partner is actively involved.
- It can help your baby to enter the world drug free and in an atmosphere of calm and gentleness which is important for instant bonding and establishing breastfeeding.
- By informing you of your choices and options in childbirth, Hypnobirthing enables you to have a positive birthing experience, no matter what course your labour may take.
You will learn many skills to assist you during your pregnancy and birth.These include; breathing exercises, deep relaxations, visualisations, exercises to release fear and build confidence, comforting massage, the importance of the birth partner, how your body is designed to give birth with efficiency and comfort, how to support your body to do that and understanding how the mind and body work together. Then through your own personal practice you will begin to understand which skills work best for you, your partner and your baby for your own birthing experience.
I advise doing a course in the second trimester of your pregnancy, after your 20 weeks scan. This way you can enjoy the benefits of Hypnobirthing during your pregnancy as well as at the birth of your baby. The more time you have to practice the skills, the more the skills can become second nature to you when the time to give birth arrives.
However, even if you are already in the latter stages of your third trimester, I offer more intensive courses as the skills you learn can be helpful at any time.
If you have any more questions after the course, or are feeling overwhelmed or stressed, please please please get in touch so I can help you through whatever may be troubling you. We can always schedule an optional and free session closer to the end of your pregnancy in order to recap or troubleshoot anything that may be bothering you.